ORPALIS releases a new edition of PaperScan : the Home Edition
PaperScan is an universal scanning software designed to offer power as well as simplicity of use.
The Home Edition of PaperScan is optimized to conveniently provide powerful yet "must-have" features at a really affordable price and for
students it is free.
PaperScan Home Edition allows its users to :
- scan/import documents (one-by-one or batch)
- scan from flatbed or document feeder
- save as single page PDF/A, TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, JBIG2
- save as multipage TIFF, JBIG2 and PDF/A
- encrypt PDF files (read/write)
Image post-processing features include :
- angle rotation
- converting to black and white or greyscale or colour
- adjusting colour (brightness, contrast, saturation, gamma)
- applying filters to smooth, stretch contrast or median the image
- applying bitonal filters to remove isolated dots or to dilate/erode characters
- applying contour, sepia or scanline effects
- color space conversion
- and more...
Home Edition of PaperScan costs 49 USD and for students it is completely free.
Students can request a free license via : http://www.orpalis.com/contact/
While most scanning applications are dedicated to one scanner or one scanning protocol, PaperScan allows its users to control any scanner, including network scanners (TWAIN or WIA protocols), cameras or acquisition cards. All features are automatically negotiated and handled by PaperScan.
PaperScan's set of features are tuned according to its 3 available Editions : complex (Pro Edition), medium (Home Edition) and light (Free Edition).
PaperScan is powered by GdPicture toolkit, the flagship product of ORPALIS.
More about PaperScan : http://www.orpalis.com/products/paperscan/
ORPALIS is creator, developer and owner of the comprehensive document imaging toolkit series released under the brand "GdPicture", which is now a worldwide known and respected leader in imaging technologies. More than 12,000 developers, based in over 70 countries, include GdPicture components in their applications.